I knew from the start that my self-defense class that I took at the community college in 2005 was a joke. There was no way that I would remember all these complex moves if an attacker came at me. Plus, when I tried practicing the moves with my mom or my sister, Alisha, it never worked out. They would come after me with a butter knife or scissors and I would just back away slowly with nervous laughter. Yeah, not something my teacher told us to do.
With that said, it's about 2 a.m. the other night and I was still up. I swear, my body thinks it will be cool to try this thing called insomnia... it's really not all that it's cracked up to be. I was watching a movie on my laptop when I decide I need a drink of water.
I leave the lights off in my bedroom and use the light from my laptop to lead my way to the bathroom. I turn on the heater, because it's freezing in the Hong house, and listen to the loud hum of the heater as I try to get my eyes adjusted enough to the light to find a cup to get my drink. I stay a little longer in the bathroom to bask in the heat before I make the short yet cold trip back to my bedroom.
I follow the glowing apple from the back of my laptop and begin crawling onto my bed. As I make my way across my bed my hand feels something hard under the blankets. It feel like a leg. To my surprise I didn't scream, hit it or run....or even have nervous laughter for that matter. I just pulled my hand away quickly and sat on the back of my heals thinking who put a dead body in my bed? I reached my hand out again to the leg to see if it really was what I thought it was - I hadn't decided what my next plan would be. As I touch it again I hear my mom starting to laugh as she pulls the covers away from her head.
Seriously, moms think they're sooo stinkin' funny!



5 comments:
lol. So funny! Awww I love it!
Bahahahaha i like your mom, i would like to get some pointers from her, she sounds like a riot
I love that you would have just laid there with a dead body. I think that shows you're a real trouper. Hear that future employer: this girl will lay quietly beside a dead body and you won't hear a peep from her if that is what the job calls for.
Remember how that teacher sharpened one edge of his credit card "just in case something dangerous happened, he'd always have a weapon on him."
Haha, I am reading all your stuff, and I keep laughing. And I really need to go to work. Blast you friend.
Post a Comment